Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE QUICKEST WAY TO FIND THE RIGHT BAND FOR MY EVENT?
The Music Group have been around for a long time and have great experience at placing the right entertainment for various events. We will make the whole process super easy and quick if you follow these steps:
- Have these details handy:
- your event date
- the approximate number of people attending the event
- your approximate budget
- and most importantly the type of audience, i.e. age range, mix of people etc
- Have a preliminary browse through our list of bands
- Call John Tyrrell at The Music Group on (03) 9817 5566 and he will listen to what you are trying to achieve and suggest a range of alternatives to suit your event and budget. John loves working in the event and hospitality industry and will assist you as much as he can to make your event a raging success.
This is the guy who you will be speaking to:
John Tyrrell is the Manager of the Music Group and is well known in the live music industry not only in Australia but all around the world. John founded world famous ABBA show Bjorn Again in 1988 and went onto becoming a household name worldwide and the most successful tribute band of all time. John has built a stable of great cover, tribute and theme bands who are all hard working very busy bands playing all kinds of events all over Melbourne, Australia and worldwide. Meet JT HERE.
WHAT DOES THE MUSIC GROUP DO?
The Music Group simply helps you find the right entertainment for you event. TMG produce and manages some of Australia’s most popular and highest quality tribute and cover bands – so if you are looking for entertainment for your event – whether it is a festival, corporate event, wedding or party – please contact us and we will advise on the best options to make your event a success. The Music Group can also arrange professional production i.e. sound, lighting, staging and video projection for the event. We can also source any kind of entertainment not managed by TMG, e.g. if you want Jimmy Barnes or John Farnham for example we can help facilitate this through our national and international network of contacts.
WHAT DOES A BAND COST?
There is no set fee for a good quality band as it depends on many factors and options that incur extra cost, such as:
- the band and lineup you want
- the location (the band may have to travel, may need accommodation etc)
- how many guests are attending (we may need to bring a bigger sound and lighting system, extra sound/lighting crewing etc)
- other options you elect (e.g. for weddings you may want the band play at the ceremony and/or at canapés, or to MC the reception, or run a DJ set, engage our dedicated crew guy etc)
The best thing to do is to give us a call or make an email enquiry with as much detail as possible. But in all cases we will try to work within your budget.
I AM FINDING IT DIFFICULT TO DECIDE ON THE BAND FOR MY EVENT – HELP!
There are many factors that make a good cover or tribute band:
- quality, professionalism and experience of the performers and band as a whole
- the variety of music styles offered
- how produced the show is
- the number of songs on their master songlist
- the lineup and event options the band can offer, e.g. additional musicians
- the quality of the equipment (i.e. sound system, light-show and instruments)
- how well managed is the act
Given all the above it is very clear that NOT ALL COVER BANDS ARE THE SAME.
However, we can ASSURE you that all TMG bands are of the highest quality and amongst the best in their field.
VIDEO CLIPS OF TMG BANDS: